Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lion King - Mufasa and Simba (English)


One of the greatest way for study English for me is singing my favorite English songs and watching Disney movies.
Undoubtedly, my favoriteanimated film is "The Lion King", which I watched when I was a teenager.  "The Lion King" is a 1994 American animated musical epic film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 32nd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. It wa directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff and  produced by Don Hahn.
The story takes place in a kingdom of lions in Africa. This is a story about a young lion Simba who is to sicceed his father, Mufasa, as king; however, after Simba`s uncle Scar murders Mufasa, Simba is manipulated into thinking he was responsible and flees into exile in shame and despair. Upon maturation living with wto wastrels, Timon and Pumbaa, Simba is given some valuable perspective from his friend, Nala, and his shaman, Rafiki, before returning to challenge Scar to end his tyranny.
Today, I chose the scene when Mufasa is giving some lessons for his little son Simba, after Simba`s dangerous adventure with Nala. Honestly, this is the one of my favorite moment in this film. Greatness of strong and fair  king Mufasa make you love him and respect his words. This incredible and at the same moment sad scene touches your heart very deeply...

 I would like to write down this scene like I hear it.

 Mufasa: Zazu!
 Zazu: Yes, sir!
 Mufasa: Take Nala home! I`ve got to teach my son a lesson.
 Zazu: Come, Nala! Simba, huh... good luck...
 Mufasa: Simba! 
 Mufasa: Simba, I'm very disappointed in you. 
 Simba: I know. 
 Mufasa: You could have been killed! You deliberately disobeyed me! And what's worse, you put  Nala in danger! 
 Simba: I was just trying to be brave like you. 
 Mufasa: I'm only brave when I have to be. Simba, being brave doesn't mean you go looking for  trouble. 
 Simba: But you're not scared of anything. 
 Mufasa: I was today. 
 Simba: You were? 
 Mufasa: Yes. I thought I might lose you.
 Simba: Oh...I guess even kings get scared, huh?
 Mufasa: Uhu...
 Simba: But you know what?
 Mufasa (whispers): What?
 Simba (whispers): I think those hyenas were even scarier.
 Mufasa ( laughs): `Coz nobody messe with your dad! Come here, you!
 Simba: Oh no, no...aahhh
 ( playing and laughing together)
 Simba: Dad..
 Mufasa: Uh?
 Simba: We`re power, right?
 Mufasa: Right
 Simba: And we`ll always be together, right?
 Mufasa: Simba...Let me tell you something that my father told me. Look at the stars. The Great Kings of the past look down on us from those stars.
 Simba: Really?
 Mufasa: Yes. So, whenever you feel alone, just remember that those Kings will always be there to guide you..and so am I.....







 

No comments:

Post a Comment